Head of Effectiveness – Media AgencyMay 4, 2023
Head of Effectiveness role at a leading UK media agency.
The role is focussed on acting as a trusted expert to the agency’s clients, ensuring that the right objectives are being worked towards, given the size, objective, and channel mix. The team then helps identify actionable insights that will inform recommendations for future campaigns, and which will help clients continuously improve their effectiveness.
This role will suit a strong communicator, with a deep understanding of the media landscape who enjoys consulting with clients to determine new and improved ways of working together.
Salary to £130,000 + benefits.
- Consultative role working with clients (product, marketing, commercial), in order to better understand what they need in the media effectiveness space
- Understand what drives marketing effectiveness for clients and help understand a holistic view of all media
- Lots of scope to grow the department / team and bring on junior agency talent
- Drive the culture of effectiveness throughout the agency and inspire internal teams
- Autonomous role in running own BU for core clients across retail, telco, media and more
- Pitch work, leading ME elements of new business approach
- Represent amongst wider industry and thought leadership
Effectiveness role ownership areas:
- Understand the client’s market, category, business, challenges and needs
- Advise clients and help identify the right KPIs / how they fit into the broader measurement framework
- Create bespoke approaches to measurement and challenge the team on accepting the status quo for recommended solutions.
- Consistently identify best practice and share widely to increase overall innovation, creativity, and effectiveness
- Develop holistic or campaign-specific measurement and evaluation frameworks
- Gap analysis: understand what solutions / measurement / tracking the client already has in place and leverage all available data sources (e.g., analytics/brand tracking providers)
- Work with specialist teams to identify the different types of measurement that are missing or could be improved to accurately measure the client’s objectives and cross / up sell these solutions
- Lead and inspire the team to take pride in their work and drive innovation in strategy
- Develop and maintain a culture of effectiveness throughout the agency, driving thought leadership and best practise, including direction of PCAs to include strategic insight and actionable recommendations
- Conduct evaluation and effectiveness training and workshops
Requirements/Skills- The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Established experience in advertising communications research, effectiveness, or insight
- Experience working autonomously as a senior lead on client accounts and pitches, alongside other disciplines
- Demonstrate knowledge of data planning skills i.e., correlation analysis, testing frameworks and hypotheses creation, data manipulation, interrogation, and interpretation. This will be across all media and research data types
- Demonstrate knowledge of market research approaches, data interpretation, and insights
- Line management experience, and leadership/ collaboration within wider teams with varying skillsets
- Understand advanced data modelling and analysis techniques
- Experience of constructing evaluation frameworks in line with specific clients’ needs and ensure the management and delivery of the work from these
- Be able to present in high profile agency meetings, including pitches, company meetings, and senior client meetings
- Demonstrate proactivity, collaboration, and an inquisitive attitude to finding new insights and solutions for the team and our clients
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate with clients and senior colleagues in a clear and interesting way
You can apply for this role right here