Commercial Partnerships Director – Sports Marketing Agency
Senior Account Director role at a global integrated marketing and brand experience agency working across sport and entertainment.
We require a strategic mind, with a strong track recording in developing client pitches and an understanding of rights holders commercial nuances.
Salary to £65,000 plus benefits, based Central London.
- You will be part of the strategy and consultancy team; a diverse group of individuals with strong specialist skillsets that bring research, insight, planning and strategic rigour to existing, new and prospective clients both in the UK and internationally.
- Alongside senior management, you will be project managing, building new and existing client relationships, pitching (material building and presenting), and ultimately supporting the Head of Brand Strategy with driving up standards of output to ‘win more’.
- This will be complemented by supporting the rights holder sales process, working as the strategic lead with a team of specialists from the strategy and consulting team building a go to market story, partnership assets and sales strategy across properties ranging from golf, rugby and football to sailing and cricket.
- Fundamentally, this role requires an ability to client face, interpret their needs and work through how best to support them with inputs from people around the business
- You’ll have the ability to ‘bring it all together’ by understanding the role of the planners, the creatives, the comms team, the measurement & evaluation team and everyone in between.
Your Skills & Experience;
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in sports & entertainment marketing / sponsorship or related field
- Relevant experience of working on and leading new business pitches
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders and clients
- Experience and understanding of rights sales in a strategic partnership context
- Experience in leading teams for pitch responses from start to finish
- An ability to work across multiple departments in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Interested in the sponsorship landscape and up to speed on market trends etc
- A strategic thinker
- Ability to prioritise and deliver multiple projects under tight deadlines (and anticipate potential challenges)