Head of Data & Analytics (mat cover) – Independent Agency
Independent media agency requires a Head of Data and Analytics for a 12 month maternity contract.
Data is at the heart of the agency and you will be the external and internal face of this, providing the agency and clients with innovative data solutions.
You will manage the data team and work across the agencies full client portfolio and new business. This is a maternity cover position from September 2022.
Salary is £85,000 + benefits
- Lead, motivate and manage a team of five talented data professionals
- Develop the understanding of analytical concepts/marketing measurement amongst client teams
- Support wider new business activities from a data perspective
- Oversee the Data Operations Team in running client dashboards
- Scope, manage and deliver client projects within time and budgetary constraints
- Manage client and other stakeholder (e.g. Adverity) relationships
- Articulate analytical concepts (e.g. econometrics, segmentation, dashboarding) to both technical and non-technical clients
- Build and execute analytical data scripts within the R coding environment
- Manage and maintain existing agency coding scripts (e.g. ART spot matching algorithm and econometric modeller)
- Stay up to date with and implement innovations and developments in marketing measurement
Skills & experience
- Extensive experience of building relationships with senior clients
- Ability to develop and lead new business propositions and pitches
- Excellent client service and account management skills
- Demonstrate commercial acumen and the ability to manage and grow revenues
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of coding within R would be desirable
- Understanding of mathematical and statistical concepts to maintain existing algorithms, e.g. econometrics, regression, data distributions, hypothesis testing, etc.
- Understanding of customer database analytical techniques, e.g. RFV, clustering, etc (desirable)
- Experience of running teams and managing people
- Logical, analytical thinker able to write strong rationales to back up proposals
- Risk-taking and courage to offer alternative opinions or actions, and try new things
- A commercial thinker: understanding business goals and objectives and seeking to develop initiatives to support these