Data Specialist – Independent Media Agency
Digital & Data Specialist opportunity at a London based independent media agency.
This is a new role created due to team growth – the agency saw 40% growth this year and his role has the scope to develop as the team and agency grows further
You will work across a variety of projects, furthering the offering of tools and tech enablement and the agency is happy to consider candidates from a range of backgrounds from ad ops, data viz and paid media.
Salary to £60,000 + benefits. Based Central London.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the Digital team to support with a range of projects to improve efficiency, rigour, and insight of both buying and reporting. With the support of a brilliant Data team, the Data Specialist will identify new opportunities within reporting (including API partners and connections), data strategy, and media automation and will play a key role in making these a reality, as well as supporting the Digital team with priority data projects such as:
- The creation and implementation of scripts within platforms such as Google and Facebook
- Feed management to support data integrations for media buying (E.g. Google Merchant Centre, business data, call tracking partners)
- Advanced tracking implementation and troubleshooting
The Data Specialist will be positioned as a conduit between the Digital and Data teams, identifying opportunities for data to empower work and provide the knowledge required to implement solutions for their clients.
The agency places a strong focus on training and development and as such, ensure employees have a personalised development plan with clear objectives, which are reviewed and refreshed every 6 months.
The Must Haves Technical Skills
- Significant hands-on experience in digital media
- Ability to design client facing reporting dashboards (ideally)
- Scripting experience within ad buying platforms e.g. Google Ads (ideally)
- Basic knowledge of database structure
- Transforming & manipulating data
- Knowledge of APIs and ideally basic scripting to use documentation to extract data
- Intuition to interpret and expand on briefs
- Experience with a data visualisation platform, ideally Adverity could be PowerBI, Tableau or Datarama
Key Soft Skills
- Approachable and positive
- Analytical and data driven thinking
- A passion for troubleshooting and always asking ‘why?’
- Communication and organisation skills to keep projects on track
- Confident in proposing new ideas or alternatives