Data Scientist – Independent Media Agency
Data Scientist role at a leading London independent media agency.
Work across a huge range of projects on clients from the charity, travel and challenger brand sectors.
Salary to £70,000.
A team of creative thinkers, professional doers and clever data people, all obsessed with delivering measurable outcomes. With a team of over 90 media specialists and growing, the agency has seen exponential growth, celebrated award-winning work, and welcomed multiple new clients in recent years and are also proud to be ranked as one of Campaign’s Best Places to Work, as well as holding IPA Platinum status for their dedication to learning and development.
What they’re looking for
A Data Scientist to report into the Head of Data & Analytics and will bring their knowledge and skills to bear in two main areas – building marketing mix models and other statistical engines the help clients understand and optimise their marketing investment to best effect, and also to drive the exploitation of data to bring additional services to life whether for internal improvements or external services for our clients.
- Help to define Data Strategy by identifying opportunities internally and for clients.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of Data Science projects: discovery and research, evaluation, implementation, deployment, monitoring and iteration.
- Automating the collection of data through in-house tools, third party platforms and client databases.
- Design and build statistical models (including marketing mix models) and algorithms to help our clients optimize their marketing channel mix, identify true channel ROI and guide future marketing investments for clients.
- Analyse vast amounts of data to derive insightful findings with clear visualisations and presentations that will assist the Senior Leadership team in making decisions about business strategy. Use machine learning and automation to build data products and services you can bring to market.
- Work side by side with the rest of the Data team to build and deliver high-impact data products.
Skills and experience
- Degree in data science, statistics, computer science, or similar
- Considerable experience (1-3 years) as a Data Scientist
- Proficiency in R and/or Python
- In-depth understanding of SQL
- Digital media industry & platform experience (i.e. Google Ads, Bing, Meta, GA)
- Experience with data visualisation & BI tools (i.e. Looker, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Knowledge of machine learning principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated history of devising and overseeing data-centred projects