Business Development Manager – Data Business (Private Equity Clients)
Unique Business Development position at a fast-growing international data-led technology / SaaS led business.
We’re seeking an ambitions business development professional with experience dealing with private equity businesses / involvement within the fund raising process.
You’ll need strong sales and analytical abilities, who enjoys establishing key relationships and working closely with technology and data.
This is a unique opportunity to be introduced and work with key clients within the PE network.
You’ll get full support from the CRO and CEO and in time will develop your own network of clients.
Salary to £80,000 + bonus + share options, with the flexibility to allow working remotely or from their Central London office.
Are a high-growth technology start-up focussed on B2B relationships.
They have a pioneering technology platform, making cutting-edge customer data analytics accessible to consumer-facing businesses (retail, eCommerce focus) and private equity companies.
Within the PE sector, they undertake forensic data analysis of companies for potential investors / PE before they invest.
London office is growing as are offices in other global locations. This is a key role in shaping their business and working closely with a variety of company founders and investors.
- Delve deeply into the portfolio of companies owned by each and every private equity firm you speak to and understand targets that the business can assist with its proprietary data technology
- Develop strong, lasting and critical relationships with a host of small, medium and very large private equity clients
- Forge strategic partnerships that generate a high volume of new business leads and support the company’s growth goals
- Use analytics products to help partners understand the value add during the exclusivity period
- Spend time with other service providers to ensure the business has a true understanding of deals being actively pursued. Including Banks, advisors, brokers, lawyers and auditors.
Skills and Experience Required;
- 5+ years working in a business development or a customer facing role
- Ability to navigate complex organisations and build relationships with influencers and decision makers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to understand various technical and commercial nuances within direct to consumer businesses
These would also be helpful in the role:
- Experience working with private equity and/or venture capital firms
- Understanding of fundraising, buy and sell side processes
- A strong network of leadership contacts and investors in consumer businesses